High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree; Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) or Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant (CAMA) Certification strongly preferred. Coupled with:
· At least two years of experience in a medical office or hospital setting; knowledge of medical terminology, HIPPA procedures, and experience working in patient care settings.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Outlook;
· Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands when performing assignments in order to meet Department and Regional goals.
· Ability to speak with patients and act professionally under pressure.
· The self-motivated individual who takes on this rewarding role will have a history of success in project accountability and customer responsiveness; is a team player yet comfortable working autonomously; and is detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough.
· Customer-service oriented; responsive and respectful to colleagues, clients, patients, and providers.
· Excellent communication skills; ability to represent the organization to outside vendors with skill and confidence.
· Requires superior interpersonal skills; especially important will be the ability to engage and motivate patients, physicians, and service providers telephonically.
· Organized, detailed, accurate.
· Self-motivated and proactive; responds to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
· Collaborative and resourceful; functions successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
· Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
· Proficiency with web-based search engines and software applications, office hardware (phones, fax machines, etc.)
· Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
· Knowledge and familiarity with medical terminology.
· Working knowledge of HMO/managed care/health plans.
Come find out why Modern Healthcare voted us one of the best places to work in Healthcare. Apply Today !