- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern for each and every internal and external customer.
- Assist the field-based house calls team with scheduling, communicating, and coordinating care by communicating and completing tasks as directed.
- Assist the care coordination staff with execution and documentation of the discharge care plan that includes initiation of referral forms, gathering clerical information, initiating the process of completing a chart and appointment scheduling.
- Supports daily functions of the field based team, including answering incoming calls; coordination of clinical services; responding to internal and external requests and inquiries; updating databases, spreadsheets, or other reports.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with patients on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements.
- Communicate authorization/denial for services to appropriate parties.
- Coordinates with PCP practices, skilled nursing facilities, urgent care centers, home health, and durable medical equipment companies to ensure coordination of services to support patient needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of records. Forms are fully-completed, legible, have no unapproved abbreviations and have the proper signatures. Electronic medical records are completed
- Ensure that documents get to appropriate parties in a timely manner, without compromising confidentiality or patient privacy procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with clinical and medical terminology pertinent to the patient population.
- Works closely with clinicians to address member concerns; communicates resolutions as directed.
- Acts as a resource to other coordinators, staff and providers, as requested, resolving issues and responding to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Utilizes applicable software to track and document activities.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
Minimum: High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Preferred: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree; Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) or Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant (CAMA) Certification strongly preferred.
At least two years of experience in a medical office or hospital setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA procedures, and experience working in patient care settings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Outlook.
- Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands when performing assignments in order to meet Department and Regional goals.
- Ability to speak with patients and act professionally under pressure.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- The self-motivated individual who takes on this rewarding role will have a history of success in project accountability and customer responsiveness; is a team player yet comfortable working autonomously; and is detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough.
- Customer-service oriented; responsive and respectful to colleagues, clients, patients, and providers.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to represent the organization to outside vendors with skill and confidence.
- Requires superior interpersonal skills; especially important will be the ability to engage and motivate patients, physicians, and service providers telephonically.
- Organized, detailed, accurate.
- Self-motivated and proactive; responds to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborative and resourceful; functions successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient with web-based search engines and software applications, office hardware (phones, fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
- Knowledge and familiarity with medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of HMO/managed care/health plans.