- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern for all internal and external customers.
- Works with clinicians to manage logistical and scheduling elements of their respective patients’ care plans.
- Assists clinicians with implementation and documentation of all elements of patient care plans.
- Works closely with clinicians to address patient concerns and communicate resolutions.
- Coordinates patient follow-up appointments, as required.
- Delights patients with a customer-service mindset, responding to questions mindfully, providing insightful information, and ensuring patients are left with a positive view of Tandigm Health.
- Acts as a resource for other coordinators, Tandigm staff, and PCPs, resolving issues and responding to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works with staff from PCPs, specialist offices, SNFs, urgent care centers, home health, and durable medical equipment companies to ensure coordination of services to support patient needs.
- As requested, coordinates communications between patient settings such as, but not limited to, ambulatory and acute care, short stay, skilled nursing, palliative care, and hospice.
- Helps identify ancillary community resources / services that can be leveraged to support patients and families.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of patient records and other important information that meet Tandigm standards; ensures that documents reach appropriate parties in a timely manner, without compromising confidentiality / privacy procedures.
- Assists with other projects and duties related to supporting patient-facing staff and patient care, as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and awareness of Tandigm’s patient- and PCP-related services.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience resolving escalated customer service issues, required; additional experience following triage protocol preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a call center, required; healthcare-related experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of key medical terminology and familiarity with clinical issues relevant to a population health setting, required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- History of success in project accountability and customer responsiveness; must be equally effective as a team player as well as working autonomously
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough
- Customer-service oriented; responsive and respectful to clients, patients, and providers
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate patients, physicians, and service providers
- Comfortable with medical terminology and familiar with a variety of relevant clinical conditions
- Proficient with web-based search engines, software applications, and office hardware
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Programs, especially Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of HMO / managed care / health plans
- Language skills to support multilingual needs across the member base are a plus
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.