Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tandigm Health’s Compliance Specialist will support all compliance initiatives, ensuring Tandigm Health remains compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Maintain knowledge of all federal and state regulations
- Stay abreast of changes and updates to procedures and compliance requirements
- Conduct compliance audits recommending corrective action when necessary to maintain compliance
- Analyze and evaluate documentation, data and other evidence with aptitude and objectivity
- Document findings and assist in writing audit reports with clarity
- Support onboarding and offboarding of Teammates, consultants and contractors as needed
- Support the new hire and annual compliance training programs as necessary
- Help manage compliance policy administration; Write and update policies; Implement new policies and changes to existing policies
- Review and investigate reports of non-compliance
- Monitor key compliance initiatives
- Prepare and monitor metrics for reporting to senior management
- Assist with managing ongoing sanction checking and related reporting
- Use, protect, and disclose Tandigm’s patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Legal Administration, or other business focus preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with healthcare compliance terminology, particularly with HIPAA.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and possess superior organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work creatively.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in healthcare, insurance, or pharmaceutical administration.
Experience with HIPAA regulations.
- Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.