- Contributes to development of strategic roadmap, measurement of program goals and action planning in order to achieve the goals.
- Works closely with other Tandigm clinical leadership to identify areas of opportunity related to the improvement of network and practice structures, processes, culture, and data collection/management
- Meets regularly with other Medical Directors and clinical staff to review clinical issues, quality issues, and utilization.
- Assist in the development and implementation of clinical best practices
- Works collaboratively with leadership of the Tandigm Complex Care Team to ensure optimal Physician Network/Care Team collaboration to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe, value-based care
- Works in a collaborative manner with Specialty Alliance leadership and specialists to develop, execute and monitor PCP and Specialty care paths and workflows that enhance value
- Responsible for ongoing review of performance data as part of Tandigm Performance Improvement processes to identify trends; communicate opportunities and, develop and execute tactics and approaches to ensure goal achievement
- Assists in the development and execution of teaching sessions or approaches in evidence-based care and population health competencies for internal and external stakeholders
- Works to ensure all clinical services meet regulatory and quality standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates opportunities and makes recommendations for business development and expansion.
- Participates in regular Medical Director/Clinical Leadership meetings.
- Possesses knowledge of local market, Primary Care Physicians, facilities, and specialty physicians. Builds network of trust and mutual benefit.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Tandigm patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Develops and utilizes Tandigm’s network physician leadership.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Embraces and exemplifies the core values of Tandigm.
- Licensed Physician in the State of Pennsylvania. License shall be active and free of any limitations or medical board actions.
- Current board certification in field of practice.
- Clinical Practice for minimum of 10 years preferred
- 5 + years of physician management experience.
- 5+ years of management experience in healthcare, insurance or IPA, expertise in utilization (inpatient and outpatient) and quality management as well as network and provider relationships preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Computer literate.
- Basic utilization of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated effective management abilities.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with: Physicians/Non-Physician Providers, co-workers, external business associates, guests and patients.
- Demonstrates effective communication, negotiation and advocacy skills and abilities to report and convey required information verbally or in writing, maintains required level of confidentiality, consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to act professionally under pressure.
Essential Technical/Motor Skilss
- Excellent fund of knowledge with respect to the practice of medicine. Ability to speak clearly and communicate with patients, families, agencies, other physicians and staff regarding patient care.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical/data analysis skills and comfort developing and implementing medical action plans
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to recognize evolving and future industry trends
- Must embrace and exemplify the core vision and values of Tandigm Health
- Ability to travel locally
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.