- Serves as the “face” of NextGen within Tandigm and to external vendors.
- Ensures that clinical teammates are properly trained and using NextGen proficiently & efficiently.
- Provides regular support to the Tandigm clinical teams using NextGen.
Training and ongoing support
- Serves as a subject matter expert in all NextGen applications including EPM, EHR, System Admin, File Maintenance, Document Builder, Template Development.
- Develops and maintains documentation, user manuals, and guidelines.
- Works with operational, clinical, and technical leaders to ensure uniformity of training.
- Understands and analyzes clinic workflow. Recommends workflow improvements and implements standardized workflow within the EHR and associated electronic healthcare systems.
- Develops and delivers training to effectively impact adoption, use, and engagement amongst providers and line staff users.
- Occasionally accompanies field-based clinicians on patient visits to ensure efficient and proper use of the EHR.
Technical support and growth
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm’s commitment to superior customer service.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to install and configure the EHR client software.
- Assist in project tasks, including interface development, data conversion, building system components, testing and documentation of interface specifications.
- Creates and deploys feedback mechanisms for end users to identify and address issues, additional requirements, and enhancement requests.
- Provides timely and high-quality technical support on EHR to network administrators, clinical, operations and administrative staff.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Tandigm patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Assists Tandigm’s reporting and analytics areas on properly using NextGen data.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or equivalent work experience and at least five (5) years’ experience in healthcare IT and;
- Experience with NextGen PM/EHR (NextGen Certified Professional preferred) and NextGen development experience a plus, coupled with Template/Reporting design experience.