- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer;
- Performs and completes routine physical and follow-up exams;
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical problems;
- Orders diagnostic tests, x-rays, therapeutic injections and immunizations as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patient;
- Obtains special training and certification to be able to perform suturing, implanting of family planning devices and other medical procedures including laceration repair, abscess L&D, biopsies, skin lesion treatments, etc.;
- Keeps currently dictated or written medical records on and records all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical diagnoses and treatments accurately;
- Orders medications & provides health information to patients;
- Refers patients to specialists in accordance with Tandigm Health’s referral policy when deemed necessary;
- Acts as a resource person and presents lectures on specific medical expertise within the community. Mentors NP students;
- Uses, protects, and discloses Tandigm patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards; and
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must have license to drive in the state of Pennsylvania; must be able to travel locally within the South Philadelphia, PA territory.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college; and
- Current Pennsylvania RN and NP licenses;
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program;
- At least 1-year experience practicing as a Nurse Practitioner & extensive clinical training in a health care specialty.