- Develop effective partnerships among primary care physicians and their respective practices.
- Manage provider incentive program for assigned network practices/regions.
- Explore and develop best practices to assist primary care practices in achieving success in the Tandigm incentive program.
- Possesses a proactive approach in resolving provider network issues and when necessary, serves as interface between Tandigm departments and the PCP network.
- Conducts initial and ongoing provider training in all Tandigm related programs.
- Engages providers in Tandigm’s quality improvement activities.
- Acts as a resource for providers on an ongoing basis to answer questions and resolve issues as they arise.
- Disseminate and spread quality improvement and change methodologies, tools, best practices, and lessons learned on value based care.
- Analyze data and results for improvement on a core set of clinical and operational quality measures (improve practice flow and care management, quality and care experience)
- Provide ongoing monitoring and feedback regarding participating practice performance to improve coordination of value based care delivery to facilitate improved patient outcomes.
- Develops model practice improvement plans to align contracted primary care physicians with company initiatives, goals and quality outcomes.
- Support practice improvement on a core set of clinical, operational, and quality measures.
- Analyzes internal data to identify areas of opportunity and solve issues though experience, research and collaboration.
- Strategize with members of the management team to ensure access and availability of providers meets current standards.
- Develop collaborative relationships with various internal teams to address and resolve operational issues as related to practice performance.
- Provide education on new and evolving payment models.
- Provide education and oversight on the use of enablement technologies and population health care management tools.
- Contribute to ongoing development of incentive program and metrics.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Practice Management Training required; Certification preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years progressive experience in a health-care related organization is required
- Previous business development experience a plus
- Strong financial acumen a plus
- Must be able to lead teams.
- Must be able to make effective and timely decisions.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills required to convey complex ideas and concepts
- Must be able to effectively influence peers and other stakeholders without direct reporting relationships
- Must possess leadership qualities such as:
- Ability to teach and mentor
- Ability to hold others accountable
- Ability to effectively listen
- Ability to accept input from others
- Ability to accept coaching from others
- Ability to give clear direction and provide feedback to others
Essential Technical Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a health-care related organization preferred
- Must embrace and exemplify the core vision and values of Tandigm Health.
- Ability to travel to sites within the region as needed