- Educate hospital staff on Tandigm’s post-acute care programs. This person will be responsible for independently developing relationships and managing communications with hospital staff including Care Managers, Discharge Planners, Social Workers to ensure Tandigm/assigned patients learn about Tandigm programs in particular preferred SNF program;
- Identify Tandigm/assigned patients in hospital/ED by utilizing Tandigm’s patient lists, EMR alerts. Proactively identify Tandigm patients getting readmitted (or at higher risk of readmissions) and funnel them into appropriate Tandigm programs that could help them avoid hospitalization;
- Educate patients and families about the benefit of Tandigm’s preferred SNF program, address their concerns in ED or Hospital. If patients, choose nonpreferred SNFs, be open to patients and families and potentially direct them to preferred SNF when they might need SNF level care;
- Coordinate and obtain authorizations for SNF care from UM department, as assigned, to assist patient’s speedy admission to preferred SNFs;
- Provide comprehensive handoff to SNF Care Managers/clinicians alerting them about salient patient care issues for patients going to preferred SNFs. Be available to communicate needs of outpatient programs e.g. House Calls to Hospital teams (based on receptivity of hospital teams) to hospital teams;
- Develop and build new programs, relationships in support of value based programs aligned with Tandigm’s goals – improving patient care, reducing admissions/readmissions, better transitions of care to support patient and their families;
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer;
- Develops strong working relationships with Hospital and SNF staff (i.e. Care Managers, Discharge Planners, Physicians, Nursing, and Administrative Staff) to ensure the effectiveness of Tandigm’s continuum of care;
- Uses, protects, and discloses Tandigm’s patients protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards; and
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college with;
Valid U.S. State Driver’s License as well as proof of liability and property damage insurance on any vehicle used for business purposes; with
1-3 years’ experience in healthcare or hospital environment or experience as Skilled Nursing Facility liaison.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, communicate effectively demonstrating both verbal and written skills, and gain proficiency in the use of computer systems and software;
- Must be able to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, and communicate with healthcare professionals and patients and families effectively, knowledgeably, and with confidence and sensitivity.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to build trust based relationships and demonstrate ability to navigate difficult relationships.
- Ability and availability to travel independently to sites within the five county Philadelphia region, on a flexible schedule, as required.
- Customer-service oriented; responsive and respectful to colleagues, clients, patients, and providers.