- Support the planning, design, implementation and management of programs to promote healthcare quality.
- Understand, track, monitor, and report on key quality performance metrics.
- Leverage quality analytics data to assist Population Health Services Organization team in developing practice-specific plans to drive performance on quality metrics.
- Manage the development and delivery of training to internal and external parties.
- Work closely with partners (payers, hospitals, etc.) to achieve shared goals through new processes, improved data sharing and program implementation.
- Provide support to PHSO and Clinical teams for activities pertaining specifically to quality, including attending meetings with practices as needed.
- Respond to more complex special requests that may include research, investigation, evaluation and documentation of findings.
- Contribute to the development of effective patient and provider-facing education and communication materials.
- Coordinate patient outreach campaigns around preventive care.
- Keep abreast on industry standards and best practices related to healthcare quality, including the evolution of HEDIS measure specifications and CMS stars ratings.
- Provide general support to the Clinical and Population Health Services Teams’ activities.
- Appropriately engage the Compliance Department to ensure that programs maintain Tandigm’s compliance with federal, state, and/or local regulators and laws, and are within Tandigm’s contracted obligations to all stakeholders.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Use, protect, and disclose Tandigm’s patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or other related field or equivalent work experience; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant project management work experience.
- Experience in a Managed Care setting or Quality Management preferred.
- Experience supporting all aspects of a project life-cycle
- Experience creating high profile deliverables and presenting ideas/recommendations to leadership
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Foundational technical knowledge preferred
- Experience in a health-care related organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must embrace and exemplify the core vision and values of Tandigm Health.
- Effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills required to convey complex ideas and concepts
- Basic Knowledge of project management tools, methods and best practices
- Demonstrated experience balancing multiple projects, initiatives without losing sight of deadlines.
- Detail oriented and understand corporate objectives. Ability to follow through project life cycle.
- Works independently on projects, identifies and implements business solutions with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to sites within the region as needed
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Physical Requirements in Accordance with ADA
- Carrying/Lifting: Occasional / 0-10 lbs
- Standing: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Sitting: Constant / Up to 8 hours per day
- Walking: Occasional / Up to 1 hour per day
- Repetitive Motion: Keyboard activity, telephone use, writing
- Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses
- Environmental Exposure: None