Primary responsibilities include:
- Support core finance and accounting processes:
- Perform bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and assists with month-end financial summaries
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files for support
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and their application
- Improve/develop departmental procedures & practices to ensure maximum efficiency
- Act as backup for A/P processing
- Assist in the annual financial audit and preparation of tax return work papers
- Assist the assistant controller in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies
- Support financial planning, analysis and special projects:
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Research variances from budget/forecast to determine root cause and enable implementation of corrective action
- Communicate technical and financial concepts to internal and external constituents, both verbally and in writing.
- Utilize existing and develop new standard processes, tools, methodologies and presentation templates including project timetables, profess/milestone reports, financial reports, risk, resource and issues tracking
- Provide analytical support and additional duties for ad hoc company projects and initiatives
- Manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work with limited supervision and be accustomed to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Use, protect, and disclose Tandigm’s patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of financial or accounting experience.
- World-class organizational skills, encompassing an extremely high attention to detail, a strong ownership/ethic, and intense focus on accuracy and accountability.
- A self-starter who is also a team player with demonstrated abilities to collaborate effectively across the business
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strongly demonstrates:
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Business acumen – ability to understand key business drivers and work with leadership team to drive results
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues and affect change
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required & familiarity with financial reporting and budgeting systems preferred
- Must be able to work independently to carry out work efforts.
- Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements in Accordance with ADA
- Carrying/Lifting: Occasional / 0-50 lbs
- Standing: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Sitting: Constant/ Up to 8 hours per day
- Walking: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Repetitive Motion: Keyboard activity, telephone use, writing
- Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses
- Environmental Exposure: None