- Closely collaborates with Tandigm’s AD/Liaison personnel assigned to each practice, ensuring a continuity of messaging and coordination of initiatives
- Serves as a trusted and strategic partner for physician practices within Tandigm’s provider network.
- Maintains expert-level understanding of the CMS-HCC Model and CMS Stars program.
- Develops and maintains strong knowledge of EHR platforms most commonly used throughout the Tandigm network, with a focus on reporting, QI capabilities, and workflow design
- Maintains an expert-level understanding of Tandigm’s incentive program and helps clinicians and management understand how optimized practice operations and improved processes can directly improve incentive performance.
- Effectively analyzes each practice’s unique approaches to operational and clinical workflows, developing insights as to how these effect the practice’s performance with Tandigm’s incentive program.
- Works with clinicians and practice management at network practices to assist with the implementation of optimized processes, aiding in the improvement of
- Accurate Coding and Documentation along with CMS Stars performance.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Tandigm’s patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant professional experience. Formal clinical training preferred.
- Valid U.S. State Driver’s License as well as proof of liability and property damage insurance on any vehicle used for business purposes.
- 2 or more years clinical experience in a primary care environment
- Relevant professional experience designing and implementing medical practice processes or workflows
- Knowledge of CMS-HCC model, CPT and ICD coding
- Knowledge of CMS Stars program
- Strong technical skills including computer and software skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with at least one EHR platform
- Strong presentation capabilities
- Knowledge of health plan and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with multiple EHR platforms
- Practical experience with Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Customer-service oriented; responsive and respectful to colleagues, clients, patients, and providers.
- Ability and availability to travel independently to sites within the five county Philadelphia region, on a flexible schedule, as required
- Must be able to influence and lead client teams through a change process.
- Must be able to effectively influence stakeholders and peers without direct reporting relationships.
- Must be able to make effective and timely decisions.
- Must be able to facilitate working sessions.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills, required to convey complex ideas and concepts.