- Interacts with patients to verify medication adherence behaviors and identify existing barriers, educate patients and facilitate necessary steps to positively influence medication adherence as well as other preventative
- Communicates accurately, effectively, and in a timely manner with all stakeholders, including members of the Quality team, members of the PHSO team, Tandigm Medical Directors, PCPs and office staff, and other internal and external customers;
- Coordinates patient screening or PCP follow up appointments as
- Collaborates with the clinical quality team and practice staff to provide patient outreach and coordination with the highest level of professionalism and accountability;
- Develops familiarity with clinical and medical terminology pertinent to the patient population;
- Helps to identify ancillary community resources and services that can be leveraged in support of patients experiencing barriers to medication adherence and Stars gaps;
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern for internal and external customers;
- Acts as a resource to others, as requested, resolving issues and responding to requests in a timely and efficient manner;
- Assists with data management for the quality team, such as management of incoming faxes, patient scheduling, collecting quality evidence and ensuring it is stored in the proper platform, and organizing/conducting outreach campaigns.
- Utilizes applicable software to track and document activities;
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards; and
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of professional experience in a customer-oriented setting.
- 3 years of professional experience in a physician practice; hospital; pharmacy or health plan.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate success in project accountability and customer responsiveness;
- Demonstrate sound decision-making skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently with supportive activities and
interactions with both internal and external customers;
- Customer-service oriented; responsive and respectful to internal and external customers;
- Excellent communication skills; ability to represent the organization with skill and confidence;
- Superior interpersonal skills; demonstrates the ability to engage and motivate patients, physicians and PCP office staff telephonically;
- Organized, detailed, accurate.
- Self-motivated and proactive; responds to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborative and resourceful; functions successfully in a team
environment as well as independently.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient with web-based search engines and software applications, office hardware (phones, fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
- Knowledge and familiarity with medical and pharmacological terminology.
- Working knowledge of HMO/managed care/health plans.