PA Department of Health Update:
- Johnson and Johnson’s single-dose vaccine received emergency use authorization (EUA) from the federal government over the weekend. The PA Department of health expects that PA will begin receiving approximately 94k doses of the shipments of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this week. This vaccine has been found safe, effective, single-dose, and can be stored in a refrigerator versus a freezer.
- The EUA Fact Sheet can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bh4aj7
- FEMA has opened a the “Center City Vaccination Center” for Philadelphia residents at the PA Convention Center and will be expected to be open for the next 6 weeks. The site is expected to administer approximately 6k doses daily, seven days a week for 12 hours a day (8am to 8pm). See county updates for more information on how to register.
- The City is now encouraging employers to register with the Health Department to coordinate with them to vaccinate their workforce as they become eligible. The sign-up form can be found at phila.gov/businessvaccine.
- The Philadelphia Department of Public Health has asked Independence for their help in identifying Philadelphia-based practices that have enrolled to become a vaccine provider OR have already applied. Please click here for more information: https://provcomm.ibx.com/ibc/news/Pages/21-2677.aspx.
Please encourage vaccine appointment etiquette:
- If you have scheduled multiple appointments and have secured an appointment, cancel any existing appointments you plan not attend.
- Do not share scheduling links that have been sent to you. The links are intended ONLY for those that have received them directly from the vaccine provider. Any appointments scheduled inappropriately will be cancelled upon arrival.
- Be patient! There is an end in sight. Rollout has been less than perfect, but the state of PA has administered over ONE MILLION doses. Now is not the time to let your guard down! Please continue to wear masks, social distance, wash hands and limit unnecessary exposures.
Please continue to check our website https://tandigmhealth.com/covid for Covid-19 vaccine updates.