West Conshohocken, Pa. (September 18, 2019) – Entering its fifth year, Tandigm Health has grown into one of the leading population health services organizations in the mid-Atlantic United States. Tandigm has demonstrated that its model of empowering physicians to provide quality, value-based care is sustainable, profitable and improves health outcomes.
Tandigm has worked to equip over 400 primary care physicians with the resources they need to provide coordinated care. This includes introducing new initiatives and expanding existing programs, such as:
- Call Us First – a program that encourages patients to consult their primary care physician’s office ahead of any specialist or emergency department visit.
- Population Health Education – an expansion of Tandigm’s Population Health Champion program that aims to educate physicians and healthcare professionals to promote value-based care in their practices.
- Tandigm Scholars – a program that has provided mentorship and educational debt assistance to primary care physicians of more than $1 million over the last four years.
Tandigm also helps physicians by continually expanding its clinical services and disease management capabilities. The addition of Behavioral Health, Social Work and Palliative Care programs has allowed Tandigm physicians to support patients with a variety of health needs.
Since 2015, Tandigm has also provided its physicians with meaningful incentives that reward improvements in the quality and cost of care. Over four years, Tandigm has supported the financial viability of independent practices by providing more than $130 million in incentives to primary care physicians for delivering quality, efficient and outcome-driven care, allowing practices to continue to operate independently amidst the rise in consolidation.
Tandigm recently expanded its value-based care model to now include six important specialist groups in Greater Philadelphia, representing over 350 specialists in the region. Tandigm physicians are now engaging more than 110,000 patients in the region.
Tandigm’s efforts have resulted in strong patient outcomes. From 2015 to 2018, Tandigm:
- Reduced inpatient utilization costs by 5 percent for Medicare Advantage patients and 3 percent for Commercial patients, resulting in 4,200 fewer unnecessary hospital admissions.
- Reduced the number of days that Medicare Advantage patients spent in skilled nursing facilities (SNF) by 33 percent, resulting in 45,000 fewer SNF bed days, equivalent to 123 years.
- Provided comprehensive in-person assessments for 95 percent of their Medicare Advantage patients, up 6 percent from 2015.
Tandigm has exceeded profit goals and achieved success with its physician-centric model, improving outcomes, lowering costs and achieving high performance across industry-standard quality measures.
“As we enter our fifth year, Tandigm’s success continues to demonstrate what we firmly believed from the start – that our model is not only viable, but also has the power to have a meaningful impact on the lives of our clinicians and patients,” said Tandigm CEO, Anthony Coletta M.D., M.B.A. “I am proud of the progress we have made and I look forward to the value we will continue to bring to care in Philadelphia and beyond.”
Scott Breed, Tandigm Health